Tell Congress: Thank you for supporting Palestinian children!
"[Palestinian children] deserve to grow up with dignity, human rights, and a future free of repression." - Rep. Betty McCollum (D-MN)
Twenty members of Congress signed a letter to President Obama on Monday, urging the appointment of a Special Envoy for Palestinian Children. These lawmakers are calling for justice and equality for Palestinian children and challenging the decades-long U.S.-led 'peace process' that has consistently demanded peace without justice.
The letter, initiated by Rep. Betty McCollum (D-MN), expresses deep concern for Palestinian children living "under the constant fear of arrest, detention, and violence at the hands of the Israeli military" and calls upon the U.S. government to advance the cause of "security, human rights, equality, dignity, justice and opportunity" for all Palestinians.
Read the full letter!
This letter is a direct response to the demands of people like you. Over 27,000 of you reached out to your lawmakers last month, urging them to take a stand. This letter shows the power of our rapidly growing national movement demanding justice for Palestinian children.
The next step is to call these Representatives and thank them for standing up for Palestinian children's rights.
Tell the Signers: Thank You for Taking Action!
- Rep. Betty McCollum (D-MN) (202) 225 - 6631
- Rep. Eddie Bernice Johnson (D-TX) (202) 225 - 8885
- Rep. Andre Carson (D-IN) (202) 225 - 4011
- Rep. John Conyers (D-MI) (202) 225 - 5126
- Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-OR) (202) 225 - 4811
- Rep. Donald Beyer (D-VA) (202) 225 - 4376
- Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA) (202) 225 - 2661
- Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN) (202) 225 - 4755
- Rep. Henry "Hank" Johnson (D-GA) (202) 225 - 1605
- Rep. Bobby Rush (D-IL) (202) 225 - 4372
- Rep. Marcy Kaptur (D-OH) (202) 225 - 4146
- Rep. Chellie Pingree (D-ME) (202) 225 - 6116
- Rep. Danny Davis (D-IL) (202) 225 - 5006
- Rep. Peter DeFazio (D-OR) (202) 225 - 6416
- Rep. Raul Grijalva (D-AZ) (202) 225 - 2435
- Rep. Sam Farr (D-CA) (202) 225 - 2861
- Rep. Luis V. Gutierrez (D-IL) (202) 225 - 8203
- Rep. Jim McDermott (D-WA) (202) 225 - 3106
- Rep. Yvette Clarke (D-NY) (202) 225 - 6231
- Rep. Mark Pocan (D-WI) (202) 225 - 2906
This letter comes as the situation on the ground for Palestinian rapidly deteriorates. Now more than ever we need bold move from the U.S. government that address the root cause of violence.
Palestinian youth represent 46 percent of the 4.68 million Palestinians in the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and the Gaza Strip. This generation is growing up with a future stifled by systemic discrimination, settlement expansion, and a prolonged military occupation with no end in sight.
A Special Envoy on Palestinian Children would monitor the situation of Palestinian children living in the Occupied Palestinian Territory, promote greater respect for human rights to increase protections for Palestinian children, and work to hold Israeli and Palestinian governments accountable to their obligations under universal human rights norms and international human rights instruments.